Train Delays? Creme Eggs Help To Manage Reputations

On my Monday morning commute, I noticed a few fellow commuters enjoying a Creme Egg. (You know the ones!) It is not unusual to see someone eating one of these gooey chocs at this time of year, seeing as it is Easter in a few months! But... an unusual amount of people happened to be eating a Creme Egg at 10am on this particular Monday on that particular train.

I didn't take too much notice though (I only envied these individuals because, personally, I didn't have one). After scrolling down my twitter feed, however, I picked up on the fact that there were a few Creme Egg related tweets! 


It turns out that the train operators, C2C, had that morning handed out over "25,000" Creme Eggs to Monday morning's rush hour passengers! C2C felt they owed an apology to their public for the recent delays that commuters had suffered the previous week.

Unfortunately, I was on a Greater Anglia train and that is why I had missed out... But anyway...


The problem was that free Creme Eggs didn't quite make up for these delays for some grumpy individuals. But the more easily pleased were delighted and took to Twitter to spread the word! 

Well done C2C, brilliant reputation management and skillful PR! Take note Greater Anglia, C2C have set the standards high and I'm hoping for big things the next time you disrupt my journey! Maybe a full sized Easter Egg?


Here are few tweets from happier commuters for who C2Cs PR endeavors seem to have worked a treat. Or perhaps it is just down to the power of chocolate?



Love






2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this blog, this has been my favorite read so far. Please continue the hard work, I look forward to reading more from you.

    All the best,

    Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Sarah, I read it in your voice! Really good topics! xxx

    ReplyDelete

 

Girl Behind The Mask

Sarah Lucia Lowers. Slowers. 18-year-old student living in London. Studying PR at the University of Greenwich. Greenwich is beautiful. Love♥