Urban Outfitters, Fashion Disasters and Bad PR

I am disgusted by Urban Outfitters. I have never bought anything from the global retailers. And I can now confirm that I do not ever ever intend to do so.

One of my good friends Beth, who is also a student on my Public Relations and Communications course at Uni, showed me Urban Outfitters latest fashion faux pas. The retailers had released clothing that seemed to promote mental illness.



Two tops.
One which is emblazoned repeatedly with the word "depression."
The other with the phrase "eat less" scrawled across the front.

I have a question? Are these tops even fashionable? I like to pride myself in dressing to fit the trends, dressing in clothes I feel comfortable and, that I hope, I look good in... I wouldn't be seen in tops like these! That's for sure!

More important than the tops being completely unattractive and pretty bland (if you ask me), Urban Outfitters seem to be promoting mental health issues... I think this is disgusting! When Beth showed me, I just couldn't get over it! Neither could various other individuals, as people took to Twitter voicing their views.



Read more about the Urban Outfitters fashion disaster on Beth's blog or find out more information through this article by Jessica Wakeman for The Guardian.

Love

2 comments:

  1. This annoyed me so much and even more so being a Mental Health Student! Can't believe that in this day and age company's are so ignorant and insensitive. More things like this should be brought to light so people can see how wrong it is to make illness a fashion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really enjoy reading your blog, its like something you'd find in a magazine or a newspaper but with more of a new twist reflecting exactly what teenage and student girls think and feel. I would definitely pay money to read this! well done, keep going xx

    ReplyDelete

 

Girl Behind The Mask

Sarah Lucia Lowers. Slowers. 18-year-old student living in London. Studying PR at the University of Greenwich. Greenwich is beautiful. Love♥